Saturday 29 November 2014

Canadian War Museum visit...part 2

Good day folks,

November is quickly running past us so I thought I'd better post my follow up to my visit to the Canadian War Museum here in Ottawa.  There are a lot of great artifacts and pieces that can really give an appreciation and inspiration to anyone who has a passing or gaming interest in the Great War.

Previously I highlighted some of the artillery pieces and themed items in the museum.  This time I thought I'd share some of the crew served weapons, small arms, and uniforms of the frontline infantry regiments and battalions.

As always thanks for taking a look, hopefully the pics can help someone's research.  Finally, the last post of this visit will feature the trenchline diorama pieces at the museum.

Take care.

Somewhat off topic...
great pic of Canadian uniforms from the Boer War 
 
 
Canadian Expeditionary Force uniform, circa 1915-1916... 
 
 


 
German Army uniform
 
Sniper's smock, DIY camouflage pattern...
 
Gas, gas, gas...
  
 
Small arms, long bayonets...
 
 
Lewis Gun 
 

Maxim 08 Heavy Machinegun
 

 
 Vickers Heavy Machinegun... 
 
 
 

No comments: