Wednesday 29 June 2016

An Adventurer or Two...

Howdy folks,

I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of summer...over the past week or so I've continued with my Frostgrave painting.  I've been focused on Frostgrave a lot over the past few months and in that time I've certainly been able to put some pieces together and integrate some of my other Dark Ages/Medieval figures, but I recently decided that I wanted to have a distinct looking Adventurer Company.

This is by no means an immediate desire, the figs as they get completed will be able to fit nicely with their compatriots, but I thought I'd make a 10-ish figure company each very distinct but aligned along the potential soldier/minion types in the rulebooks.  This may have been an unrecognized goal when I decided to try my hand at painting Death Knights, but I guess it really came to hold in my noodle when I was at one of our LGS's and I saw a couple of figures that really screamed Fantasy Adventure.

So, with all this swirling in the back of my mind...I managed to complete a 'generic' Spellcaster, another Death Knight inspired dead-teuton, and the first of my new warband/company...

Enjoy the pics.  Take care.


I finished up these Reaper Bones mummies in time for Cangames but never got around to taking pics...you never know what you'll find when you're treasure crawling and these figs were pretty easy to get finished...I think the basing took more effort than actually painting them.
 
While I wasn't really in the market of increasing the number of Frostgrave figs I was planning on painting, this Dwarf Wizard from Bones seemed to fit in well and could work with any of my possible warbands...
 
 
This Teuton is from Gripping Beast as part of a command blister IIRC...the helmet looks outstanding and really works in any setting.  This DeathKnight actually took me a couple of tries to get the way I wanted...at first I wanted to avoid any similarities with Teutonic, but the colour choice I had just didn't look or feel right...in the end I went with a Teutonic Knight inspired graphic that I found on google...I also went a little more subtle on the deathknighty effects than on my previous DK...
 
And finally, the figure that really got me inspired to try an Adventurers Company, the Iconic Skald from Reaper Pathfinder line...I do not know any of the inspiration for this figure, but when I saw it I was quite taken with it.  It very much makes me think of the Hobbit and Thorin...but that aside, the figure looks pretty badass and is very expressive...I can only hope that I've painted it justice. 


 

 

No comments: