Wednesday 15 June 2016

Some Frostgrave Focused Painting...

Howdy folks,

Just a quick post today...

If you've followed the previous postings, you know I did a little p'ing and m'ing about the lead up to this years Cangames.  Because we were also supplying warbands, that meant that I had to do up some figures to fill out a couple of adventuring warbands.

So, enjoy a couple of pics of the various pieces I managed to finish in a 2 week period prior to the convention while completing the finishing touches on the library.

Take care.

Bones Reaper figure...Mr. Bones to be exact...this little dude took me 2 nights to complete...the majority of the time was spent making the base and getting the main colours of the base and Mr. Bones down, the second night was highlight and wash time.  He was a very fun figure to paint up...he can easily serve as scatter character or apprentice...
Here's a side view of Mr. Bones with the master, The Necromancer formerly known as @#!...in the background.
 
I painted this Bones crypt out of curiosity and for scatter terrain... 
 
The White Gorilla from North Star painted up so nicely...it's a great looking figure and was a lot of fun to finish...I think this one only took me 1 night to paint and then I washed the next night... 
 
Every dingy old castle/library/keep needs a spider or two...for these spiders from Reaper, I did a quick google search for some Northrend examples of ice spiders from World of Warcraft...these guys I did the night before the convention so they didn't get as much love as I'd like...but they are a nice simple model that can paint up really quick. 
 
My Necromancer also comes from Reaper...I can't remember his Bones name...however, decked out in his purple leisure cloak, the Necromancer formerly known as @#! is a pretty daunting character.  I actually had this figure on my workbench for a few months in the painting penalty box...I originally had him in red, but it just didn't look right...finally he spoke up and we were able to figure out what colour to go with.
 
A little out of place, but fierce nonetheless, Ragnar from Crusader Miniatures was another really fun figure to paint up...he is literally loaded for bear with axe, sword, and bow, so he can fit any role required in your warband/adventurer company...you can always tell Ragnar because the ground literally melts and sprouts green beneath his feet... 
 
Finally, I thought I'd post the treasure pieces that I built for the game...the books are hand sculpted from Fimo/Sculpey by the Misses...the gold figures are a couple of misplaced 15mm figures from Splintered Light Miniatures. 

No comments: