Sunday 22 October 2017

Another Walk with the Dead - Battle Report

Hello everyone,

After a busy weekend so far, I thought I would take the opportunity to catch up in my postings and share with you a Walking Dead report from a game I played about a month ago with my buddies Mike and Duncan.

As usual, Mike beat me to the punch on this one long ago, Mike's Report, but some things, like a fine wine...blah blah blah and such...

Anywho, I hope you enjoy the pics...again, it was a fairly quick game and I really enjoyed the flow and the game...

Take care.

Unfortunately I did forget to take pics for the first few turns...my crew included Shane (leader), Allen, Dale, and Craig...each of my guys had enough points that they could pack some heat in this...and I thought I would use Dale with his marksmanship skills to serve as a pseudo overwatch for the team...
My team deployed in the compound behind the gas station next to the Blue-Mart...Mike deployed in behind the store, basically over the wall at the edge of the table, and Duncan's crew was ear the entrance of the Blue-Mart...by the time I remembered to start taking pics, I was about to get bounced by a couple of zombies and I was trying to get Dale in los to take a ranged shot...I had generated some noise with very little return until that time...

Duncan was off to a rough start with zombies already trying to break into to his guys near the front door...Carl and someone else was there attracting a lot of attention

I had initially tried to make my way in the opposite direction of the gate and Blue-Mart, but Mike drew a card that allowed him to start a small fire...so he elected to start a fire near the only exit along the wall that joined our 'areas' keeping me caged into the compound and committed to the compound gate...

Rick shows up...on his horse...to try to help the crew stuck near the store entrance...if I remember correctly it did not go well for the team...or the horse he rode in on...

I opened up the gate in time to put a couple of shotgun blasts downrange into some zombies...and I think I tried to get at one of Duncan's figures...he put some hurt in my direction and I lost Craig...hardly had a chance to get to know him...

RIP Craig...at least he didn't become a zombie as well...

Immediately after losing Craig, Mike picked up a card that let him unleash zombie hell...and him and Duncan elected to place as many as possible in my direction...fair play and all I guess...
 
Long view on Shane at the gate...I was successfully able to reclose the gate effectively blocking any access that the zombies had to my area...

Things were heating up for Rick...and his horse...near the Blue-Mart entrance...I think Carl was in a bit of a world of hurt at this time too...

The first shot I took of the area I ended up being restricted too...crowd of shambling zombies trying to find a way to get to me...

Shane and the gang beating feet out of there...the rage (?) or threat...I can't remember was to high so we had a turn or two to get outta dodge...

Rick's horse becomes zombie kibble and Rick is still kicking ass...although I think Carl has died by this time...and Duncan is also trying to get his guys off table

In the end I was 3 for 4 with 2 loot piles collected...not too bad, pretty happy with the game and outcome.

No comments: